INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Ho, London UK, No, Mortgage lender refuses home business

Ho
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London UK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Mortgage lender refuses home business start up
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is there anything that I can do to challenge this? I want to start a beauty home business without altering anything in my home. I would turn my front room into a salon

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is file a formal complaint to the lender and then possibly escalate to the financial ombudsman.

The lender may consider this a breach of your mortgage conditions and therefore take enforcement action.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your reply

It is a pleasure.

Good luck