How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 15909
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I bought my flat in 2014, the firm who did the conveyancing

Customer Question

I bought my flat in 2014, the firm who did the conveyancing charged me £78 for a Share certificate but I never received it.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have emailed them 9 times with copies of the final bill but they have not answered, and I cannot get through on the phone. they are still trading
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Kelvedon Essex
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have the Share Certificate for the person I bought the flat off
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you filed a formal complaint with the firm?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The firm are NBM law in Chelmsford and are still trading
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have Emailed clientcare and sales 9 times but no response
Expert:  INC Law replied 16 days ago.


The next step would be to escalate your complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.  They would then investigate.

Details of how to complain can be found at the following link:

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,