SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My boyfriend he's been evicted by the agents but he signed 3

Customer Question

my boyfriend he's been evicted by the agents but he signed 3 years contract
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: n11 3fq
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: am the girlfriend
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. You say your boyfriend has been evicted 'by the agents' - was there a possession order granted by a court? Please give more details on what actually happened.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
can my boyfriend talk to you he can explain better
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

I don't mind which of you types.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
call to him whats your telephone number
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

See point 1 above.

I will assist you online.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My number is +447474188883 you can call me
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have a 3 year agreement
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The landlady asked for visits to sell the property last year. It was urgent. If not the flat had to go to auction
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I did allow visits, had stress to find a new place to move. But no news from the agency until I called, and was merely told three months later that the la flash doesn’t want to sell anymore
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But the agency called again about three weeks ago telling that that landlady wants to sell again
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Was notice served on you - if yes, what type of notice, a s21 or s8?

Did the landlord take you to court?

Was a possession order granted?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The rent was supposed to increase by 5% each June but the landlady agreed to freeze the rent due to the pandemic
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But this doesn’t mean she has the right to constantly ask for visits to sell the property during my tenancy
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have one more year contract until June 2022
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, no notice was served on me. No possession order either. I was not taken the court
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

So how have you been evicted?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t understand why the agency and landlady keep pushing for visits when they know that I have a valid contract until 2022. And agreed to freeze the rent increase because of covid
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

You really need to answer my questions or we will be going around in circles.

You started by saying 'been evicted'. Has an eviction actually taken place, as in, are you still in the property or have you moved out?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry. I am still in the property. I have not move out. I have not been evicted. Maybe no need to get angry?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There is no order to be evicted whatsoever. Just the agency and landlady pushing to get visits to sell the flat. Again, like they did last year. And all this while I still have a valid tenancy agreement for another year
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

I don't see that you have a legal problem then. You started with that you have been evicted - if you had been, and there was no court order, that would be an illegal eviction for which you would have a claim. That hasn't happened. You haven't even been served with notice.

If your landlord wishes to sell the property, that is their right. They can have people view the property by giving you reasonable notice, even if you have an ongoing tenancy agreement. Your tenancy agreement doesn't stop them selling the property - the property would just be sold with you as tenants.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There is no eviction, although it really feels like it due to the way they way the agency and landlady behave. Sorry for the misunderstanding
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Then it is as I explained above.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
absolutely. My contract only allows for visits to take place during the last two months of my tenancy. So I guess I don’t have to agree for visits to take place in the next 10 months. Many thanks for your explanations and great help!
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

That's correct - if your agreement states that.

You're very welcome.

All the best.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it does. Again, many thanks for your wonderful support. It helped a lot All the very best
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

You are very welcome.

Have a lovely weekend.