How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 19436
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I had verbal tenancy agreement with agency and than I've got

This answer was rated:

Hello. I had verbal tenancy agreement with agency and than I've got paper one with different conditions. I've signed paper one. Is verbal agreement still important and working?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have paper agreement and mail history with agency
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Camden
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: London

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

If you signed the paper one, then this is binding, assuming you signed it AFTER the verbal agreement.

This is because this is the latest one.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for information. One more question. If agency asking me to pay more money than agreement said, it can be extortion? Where should I report it? If there is more issues in renting flat like flooding bathroom accident, electric shortcut, nuisance by homeless people, noise problem can I claim compensation for damages?

Its not extortion, but its breach of contract.

I hope that helps.

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you