Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am joint lender with the bank of Scotland on a house whose

Customer Question

Hi I am joint lender with the bank of Scotland on a house whose owner as gone bust
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: the bank of Scotland as sent me a letter saying they are taking legal action against the owner
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: my question is how can I make sure I get my money back because I fear the bank are only interested in them selves wi
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Which could leave me high and dry can I take out a leion out and protect myself
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Well you do say you can answer any questions
So I wait with baited breath
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Do you have a charge on the property?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it is noted on the land registry
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 10 days ago.

I understand, well in essence if your charge was entered before the mortgage was taken out then your charge should take priority which means you will get paid before the bank in any sale from the proceeds of sale. If the banks mortgage charge was registered before yours however they will get priority which means you will only get your money back if there is sufficient equity in the property to pay them back and you I am afraid. I trust this assists

Let me know if you have further questions