How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarcInLaw Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 415
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
MarcInLaw is online now

Can I work as portrait photographer from my housing

Customer Question

Hi, Can I work as portrait photographer from my housing association property
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no, just researching public and liability insurance
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: In enfield
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its under occupied as it is only me and my son now as my ex moved, and my daughter lives elsewhere
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  MarcInLaw replied 19 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and in no event create a lawyer-client relationship.

Expert:  MarcInLaw replied 19 days ago.

The answer is: it depends on the lease terms. Does it say anything about you not being allowed to use the property for any work purposes?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
not sure.
Expert:  MarcInLaw replied 19 days ago.

This should be your starting point. But unless you are going to start a business as a limited company, I fail to see why you shouldn't be allowed to work as "self-employed" portrait photographer from your housing association property, subject to the terms of the lease.I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. I am happy to help.