MR J
MR J, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
110717895

I need some answers, I have served my tenant section 21

Customer Question

I need some answers, I have served my tenant section 21 yesterday and I think that now she is trying to sue me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Londom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sent section 21, from 6a
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also my tenant has not signed the last AST in 2020 so that's this make it a periodic tenancy running monthly?
Expert:  MR J replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will aim to assist you with your query. Please can you confirm what you query is as i understand that you have served form 6a on your tenant.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
that is correct
Expert:  MR J replied 15 days ago.

please can you confirm your query.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
However now she has been sending very strange whatsapp claiming that we have accused her on the phone of being a bad tenants etc.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I just want to find out if it is possible that she Sues us for harassment or emotional distress on a basis that she claims that we had a conversation on he phone after serving the notice. When we finished the call the whatsapp started, first she said we put down the phone on her, later that this is dissresepctive and we are being horrible etc.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She insists that we send her an email on writing what we have against her, I dont understand what the tenant is trying to achieve. We simply wanted her to vacant our property and have given her 4 months notice.
Expert:  MR J replied 15 days ago.

It sounds like she is aggrieved as you have served a notice to vacate (assuming correctly served and appropriate). Your query seems centred around being concerned about a claim for harassment. From the information you have provided above, it is unlikely that a phone call and you serving a notice is going to be taken as harassment. If she has asked that you email or write to her it is best however I would not worry about a claim for harassment on the basis of the above. Hope that assists.

Expert:  MR J replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for contact JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Just one more thing, we even offered her help to find a new proeprty and thought of paying her deposit for her as a gesture of good will but she has rejected any help.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We are selling the property and time is precious for us, if she agreed for us to help her with a new place shall we get her to sign a paper that she agrees to leave our flat voluntary earleir?
Expert:  MR J replied 15 days ago.

Getting agreements in writing are a good thing but make sure the wording is correct. Thank you.