Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I own a share of freehold with another flat in my house. I

I own a share of freehold with another flat in my house. I am seeking a license and regrant to add a dorma. The co-reeholder is ok with this but has just exchanged contracts to sell and I don't want to go through this again with the new owners, post completion. He exchanged contracts without the freehold transfer (i have not provided this). can I withhold the freehold transfer as leverage - can I be sued for doing this
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: the buyer and my co-freeholder have the license and regrant. The cofreeholder will not sign unless his buyer is ok
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have given up the shared demise in the garden I have no access - it was in the lease for 30 years may have been an error maybe not but they wanted me to do this.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok keep looking

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

So in essence you are just waiting for the current freeholder to sign now and they in turn are waiting for confirmation from the buyer they are ok with it?

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your time on the phone as discussed, your best option is to continue to seek agreement from all parties to avoid the animosity involved in holding up the sale but if you did so I do not see how you can be sued. You are perfectly entitled to withold consent until you are satisfied. I trust this assists