How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4820
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I am asking for information on racism against my nephew by

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i am asking for information on racism against my nephew by cheshire police
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no sorry i have not, i was only told about sean from my sister last evening, can i give you a run down on what as occured please, we as a family have no idea of what steps to take
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: sean has, two, but is unsure which to go with has he has had bad experiences before
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: sean has been in trouble in his youth before with the law, because of situations he has got himself into, he is of mixed race, not a drug dealer, his trouble as been mostly sticking up for himself or others who he believes have been treated unfairly, also he as been under the influence of alcohol
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I need advise
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
can i have some help please
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

If you believe your relative has been mistreated or racially discriminated against by the police, then the first thing to do is lodge a formal compliant in writing to the Chief constable. They will be located as the police force headquarters.

Should you receive no reply or an unsatisfactory reply from them, you can then make n official complaint to the IOPC, Independent office for police complaints.

They will investigate you complaint independently of the actual police force.

I have attached a link here to the IOPC.

Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no thank you, ***** ***** you for your help
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

your very welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.