james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a tree in my garden, I am a red kite tennant which i

Hi ,I have a tree in my garden ,
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I am a red kite tennant which i have been told to have a tree in my garden maintain as i am the tennant .The tree is higher than the house and is close to phone lines i have been told it would cost me 1500 to 2000 yo cut or maintain the the by a tree surgeon. i cannot afford this can you help is it my responsibility or the landlord
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: I am in elm road highwycombe Buckinghamshire hp124ta
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was told in the beginning the tree had a preservation on it to not be cut so the council came and trimmed to the tree at the house was own by the council now red kite , now im in breech of my contract because of the tree
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Darren Ziants from redkite is due to come round and inspect my garden and especially this tree that some work has been done on it . I Don't want to lose my home over this tree
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He will be coming on Monday 7 of June

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry to hear of this problem.

If the tree has a TPO on it then it cannot be touched without permission.

Whether you or the landlord is reasonable for the tree will depend on the rental agreement that you have with them. You should check out your tenancy agreement to see if you are responsible for the tree.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.