ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My house is a bought house with housing executive homes on

Hi my house is a bought house with housing executive homes on either side. My neighbour came to me on the morning of work starting in her garden to ask could she take away the rail between the tw
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: There was a wall between the gardens that attached to the rail. The builders demolished it and built a new higher one Than the original.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: My home is actually 2ft lower than their house meaning the wall is higher my side than theirs. I contacted the local housing executive who own the property
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Belfast

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will wait

Hi, welcome to JA, I am Readylaw one of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

Your deed should say who is responsible for the particular fence. If they are responsible they will be in a position to remove it or atleast make adjustments to it. If the deed reflects that the fence is your responsibility then they would not be in a position to do so.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Bar Professional Training Course
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The home is not owned by the tenants just rented from the housing executive therefore they would need to notify myself if they had gave permission for the wall to be increased as we live in a terraced house however as previously stated our house is actually 2feet (67cm) lower than their house therefore any wall or fence would always be bigger our side