Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

FAO Stuart, Can I reclaim the rental income I have not

Customer Question

FAO Stuart, Can I reclaim the rental income I have not received from the ex and in addition the mortgage payments she has not contributed towards etc etc for more than 6 years? Thanks
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

I’m afraid I cannot see the previous question so I’m answering this from scratch.

To be honest, I can see no reason why not subject to the Limitation Act 1980 which limits such claims to 6 years IF your ex raises it as a defence.

Otherwise, when the property gets sold all that rental income that your ex got and all the mortgage payments that you made could go into the pot when deciding who gets what.