INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm buying a property which has a debt registerd against it

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm buying a property which has a debt registerd against it (equity release)
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: yes, our solicitor has but land registry tells me it can take up to 7 weeks, but it can be expedited to speed this up, what criteria do you need to have it expedited
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: Brightlingsea Essex
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was advised by land registry that there is a 7 week delay in removing a debt from the property we are buying, however it can be expedited to speed up the process, what criteria is t to speed up said process.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, just an answer by email would be fine.
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

Tje sellers solicitors would have to contact the land registry and request that the application be expedited as it is causing the vendor financial hardship and that the property is undergoing a sale.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask .