SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My neighbour is building and extension and whilst doing so

Customer Question

My neighbour is building and extension and whilst doing so he has taken the fence (his side) and has damaged my garden paving. He has said she would fix this. However I’m unhappy has he has now started to build a brick wall part of his lounge extension from the fence line intact he has come lot slightly onto my side. What are my options? Can I object to his extension continuing?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Good evening. Welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

If the extension is encroaching onto your side of the boundary line then yes you can object. If however this was on the planning application wing you didn’t object and they are following the permission to the letter, you will struggle to challenge now. If they aren’t following the permission then you should tell them to stop and to do as permitted and failing which you can apply for an injunction order against them for the extension to be stopped. Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist. All the best.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your response.

You are we