How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5386
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

My neighbour is building and extension and whilst doing so

Customer Question

My neighbour is building and extension and whilst doing so he has taken the fence (his side) and has damaged my garden paving. He has said she would fix this. However I’m unhappy has he has now started to build a brick wall part of his lounge extension from the fence line intact he has come lot slightly onto my side. What are my options? Can I object to his extension continuing?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Good evening. Welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

If the extension is encroaching onto your side of the boundary line then yes you can object. If however this was on the planning application wing you didn’t object and they are following the permission to the letter, you will struggle to challenge now. If they aren’t following the permission then you should tell them to stop and to do as permitted and failing which you can apply for an injunction order against them for the extension to be stopped. Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist. All the best.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your response.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

You are we