John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I have a tenent that is breaching contract for 1) having

Customer Question

I have a tenent that is breaching contract for 1) having somone living there that is not on the tenancy 2) making wholes on the internal and external wall for cctv without permission 3) tampering with the electrical wiring if the house but she doesn't allow us to have a closer inspection to determine this 4) does not have an electrical certification for cctv or the lighting fixtures that she has installed on the outside walls of the house
Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. If your tenant is breaching the contract as explained above, you will need to follow the terms stipulated in the contractual agreement for the breach of the tenancy. A breach of the tenancy can result in different penalties depending on what these are within the tenancy agreement but ultimately an eviction for the tenant.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The tenent has expressed vocally she want to terminate the contract earlier then the end date of 10th Dec 2021.I will email her the following:
I am officially giving you the option to terminate your contract earlier than the tenancy agreement that is due to end on December 10th 2021.We are obliged to give you 4 months notice as per government guide lines. Or we can come to a mutual agreement of your last day to vacate the property
Please reply within 7 days that:1) you wish to proceed with the early termination of the tenancy contract and which date you will be vacating the property
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is this the right way of going about it?
Expert:  John replied 17 days ago.

Hello. Yes you are correct, you must serve notice of 4 months, or you may come to a mutual agreement with the tenant. The letter you have written is fine.