Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in property law including landlord and tenant
112062897

Who owns 2 Melksham road Best Park Nottingham ng55rx, Yes it

Customer Question

Who owns***** Best wood Park Nottingham ng55rx
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Yes it has been in solicitors hands for a year now. Can't seem to get an answer
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No. It was my mother's house and when she died my brother and sister were powers of attorney and they instructed Gladstone solicitors to transfer it to me. I bought the property 30 years ago for my parents.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Glad stones didn't handle this when the house was put into trust. A other company did. Don't know their name but there was a wrangle as to who was going to sort this out. This was the original delay. But my siblings and I signed the transfer forms in January
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  Jo W replied 7 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor here to help you with your question. I will respond as soon as practicable which will be some time today.

Expert:  Jo W replied 7 days ago.

Hello.  A quick way of telling whether the property has been transferred as you expect is to do a Land Registry Search here.  Look in the Proprietorship Register section.  (There's a small charge).

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QuickEnquiryInit.do

In terms of managing the whole transaction, your best bet is to write to the Senior Partner of the firm in question outlining your concerns and disappointment.

It is possible that things are taking longer during COVID but not this long.

I hope this has answered your questions.  Any queries, let me know.