Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My the banknis repossession the house I rent I want to makes

Customer Question

My the banknis repossession the house I rent I want to makes sure I buy more time soni find time to move what are my rights pls
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milton Keynes
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have informed agents that the legal arm of bank have written that there is a hearing on 18th of June I have informed them I want my deposit back so I can move
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My rent payment is up to date so his inability to pay is nothing to do with me
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine what a difficult position it must be. I will certainly try to clarify your options.

1. May I confirm what stage the possession process has reached please? In particular, has a possession order been made yet?
  2. do you know if the landlord's mortgage is a buy to let mortgage or a residential mortgage under which she has been letting contrary to mortgage conditions?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (3S436T4)
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.
  1. Thank you. Do you plan to attend the hearing?
  2. When has rent been paid up to?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I attend ee are fully paid up to date
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

Thank you. It is important that you attend the hearing if you wish to seek to protect your position. If you I have not been sent information regarding the hearing from the court, you can contact the court in order to obtain information and notify them of your wish to attend. This may be able to be facilitated virtually.

In particular issues you would want to raise would be as follows:

1. That you are up to date with rent.
  2. Whether you have any children or dependents and any medical issues.
  3. Whether the mortgage is a buy to let mortgage (this is important because if it is the lender is bound by the tenancy). The landlord may have been renting in breach of residential mortgage conditions however so it is not necessarily a BTL mortgage.
  4. Ask the lender if they will give any form of extension subject as above on payment of rent to them.
  5. Ask the court to delay any possession order on grounds of hardship
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I hope the above answers all your questions. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.