John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

Evicting someone from my House. I am the sole owner...The

Customer Question

Evicting someone from my House. I am the sole owner...The person living in my house is the daughter of a friend who died. about.. 3 years ago. probate is now complete.. daughter living at my house has now inherited money from the sale.... I have been asking her now to leave but is reluctant to do so.
JA: Because laws vary from by location, can you tell me where the business is located?
Customer: Can I go through the process of evicting her? I am not a business but a retired college and university lecturer I live in Hellingly BN 27 4EE Sandy \Moriarty .
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Land Registry documents which show I am the owner of 3 Wellshurst Cottages North Street Hellingly. Not sure what other documents you require
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Because she was my friends daughter not earning much at the time. I did not charge any rent.. Wealden District Council will have details of community charge etc.. if you want details water rates etc I can provide them
Expert:  John replied 16 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. If you wish to evict her then you may do so but ensure to follow the established eviction rules giving the correct notice period. If she refuses to leave after the notice period has been served, then you will need to obtain a court order to evict her.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 16 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.