MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

How do you enforce a second charge on a property? Do you

Customer Question

How do you enforce a second charge on a property? Do you need to go to court or can you just agree it with the owner of the property?
JA: What steps has the owner taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: they have put it on the market and have recived an offer
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: newcasle upon tyne
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thats it
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 6 days ago.

Good morning thank you for contacting Just Answer my name Is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. A second charge has less precedence than a first charge, however the rights of a second charge holder includes being able to seize a property and force a sale in order to recoup the amount borrowed should the second charge mortgage fall into arrears.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist further.