Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a neighbour who wishes to construct a double garage

Customer Question

I have a neighbour who wishes to construct a double garage on his land. He has obtained planning approval under permitted development legislation but I feel that he is contravention of a restrictive covenant which was placed on the private development of 5 detached bungalows when they were built in 2000. I need to check on the validity and duration of the covenant and if valid some advice on how best to proceed legally.
JA: What steps has your neighbor taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Yes he has copied us with his planning approval and a copy of his lans advising of his intention to build
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: The site is ashlar drive Donisthorpe DE12 7RX a private road with shared access for 5 dwellings
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: there are two neighbours who object to the development myself being one . We both own adjacent properties
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Can you provide the wording of the covenant?

Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

In the absence of further information, I am unable to provide an answer

Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

I will therefore opt out

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

What does the covenant state?