Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
31090051

I am a beneficiary of half an estate in a will that is

Good afternoon,i am a beneficiary of half an estate in a will that is governed by 2trustees,they are not answering my solicitors emails or phone calls,how can i resolve this to get my inheritance?thankyou for your time.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: England,trustees are in glasgow
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Awill with my name on it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Im not sure ,in what respect donyou mean? Please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The house has been standing empty since 4th november 2020 electric and gas meters not been read either.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either  give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Assuming the estate is in Scotland the remedy is to have a Scots solicitor rise and action of count, reckoning and payment in the sheriff court. That is where the court makes an order for the executors to account for their actions, check the estate finances and make an order for payment. The executors can also be found liable for the expenses of the case so sometimes the threat of such an action is enough to get them to get on and finalise the estate.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The estate is in hornchurch essex england! So why would 2 scottish trustees be involved please?

The deceased must have appointed them as executors.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is only a bungalow,worth 350.000 to 375.000
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will do ,im just finishing work
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can name the trustees, and tell you that charles ***** *****hurst and his wife had a title absolute
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I feel they have not been business like in their field of work as they no longer talk to one another,yet that is not my problem or battersea dogs home trusts either,who are the other beneficaries