UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We have a path that goes through my garden that our

Customer Question

Hi, we have a path that goes through my garden that our neighbours have access over to their property. That is fine, it is our property and we never block access. However they keep coming into our garden to sweep it and trim branches back that are in our garden. I have asked them not to do this as they have access only and ask me to do anything needed, although we do regularly maintain it and it is in an excellent condition. My question is can they do this? And where would I stand if they created or had an accident doing it.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: It is all in our deeds. We have simply asked that they don't do it. It is clearly ours in all paperwork
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: We are in Great Cornard, Sudbury, Suffolk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 9 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

They should not do this, as they simply have a right of way, they cannot stop on your land other than for access only.

You could be liable if there is an accident on your land so perhaps you should send them a letter asking them to stop or face legal action for trespass.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That is exactly what I thought. Thank you so much for clarifying. That is all today thank you.

You are welcome.

All the best