Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I applied for a mortgage back in late March/early April but

I applied for a mortgage back in late March/early April but have not heard anything neither has my Financial Advisor I have rung twice and been told they will get back to me as has my Advisor but still nothing, I am beginning to panic as time is passing by and I need somewhere to live as my current Mortgage is running out. I would be grateful for any advice you are able to give me. Thank you Shirley A Cheesman
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I sent papers earlier this year as stated to them, or do you mean any Court papers
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Yes he has advised me and has helped me with papers for Court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: only my age is 74 soon to be 75, I have a property in SPAIN but I have been court up in a fraudulent person/persons and 100.000 has gone from my bank over there and all I get is not our problem

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine what a difficult position it must be. I will certainly try to clarify your options.

May I confirm this relates to a mortgage you are seeking to obtain in the UK as opposed to Spain please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good morning, yes it is the property in the UK, as for Spain is another issue but is part of the reason I am in this position as you obviously gathered.
I fully understand your position and will not take advantage of of that, 40years in the Health Service I know exactly where you are coming from.
Thank you for your swift reply I usually go into my computer every couple of hours during the day so will look forward to hearing from you.
Shirley Cheesman

thank you. There is no specific legal timeframe that applies to lenders decision-making in relation to mortgages though individual lenders will usually publish their own industry-standard timescales to which they work. Mortgage brokers will usually have a degree of clout in terms of demanding performance from a lender particularly where they send that particular lender significant amounts of business. The ability for your mortgage broker to either request updates or demand performance from the lender may be dependent upon the amount of business they put the lenders way though in any event, an update as regards ***** ***** of the application should be able to be obtained regardless. This would usually be obtained through the mortgage broker and it may be that you need to put pressure on the mortgage broker to provide you with a substantive update reminding them of the amount of time you have already been made to wait and indicating that "getting back to you" is not acceptable position to maintain at this stage and press them to provide a substantive update to you by close of business and continue to press them until they do.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you will do as you say and see what happens. Shirley Cheesman

I'm glad the above answers all your questions. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** seen or heard from financial advisor I really don't no what to do so I might call for any advice yousy have to help me in a day or two. Thank you yes zi will ask for you Thsnk you again
Shirley Cheesman

Thank you for the update