Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

A neighbour has an enormous holly tree rooted in his garden.

A neighbour has an enormous holly tree rooted in his garden. Abranch has grown over my boundary fence and now reaches over16 feet into my garden.
JA: What steps has the neighbor taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, previousy, a big branch fell into my garden from one of his trees and he took no resposibility for-my son cut it up.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: In woking, his garden is situated up the hill from mine-he has sent letters offering to buy some pf my garden
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Can I put presure on him to remove the offending branch, or can I get someone to cut it off?

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thankyou

Hi there,

You are allowed to cut shrubs/branches from your neighbour's tree those are intruding into your boundary.

However, you can not lean over to your neighbour's boundary to cut the branches, as it would be deemed as trespass and causing criminal damage to their property.

Once cut , you should offer to return the branch/any flower/fruit to their rightful owner/ to your neighbour.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily further assist you via this online chat.

If you have any follow-up question, please let me know