MarianC
MarianC,
Experience:  Expert
109551472

I am purchasing a property which is jointly owned and where

Customer Question

I am purchasing a property which is jointly owned and where one of the owners has passed away. His estate was made bankrupt last. There was an automatic discharge in June. Can the trustee in bankruptcy still control his assets and request payment?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  MarianC replied 19 days ago.

Good morning thank you for your enquiry, I am sorry to hear of your situation. If you do a bankruptcy search and it shows you the name of a Trustee in Bankruptcy then you should contact them to confirm the situation. Alternatively you can email the insolvency office that would have dealt with the bankruptcy and clarify things with them.

Marian

Expert:  MarianC replied 18 days ago.

Hello do you need any further assistance?