MarianC
MarianC,
Experience:  Expert
109551472

My father died in July and I am trying to find his solicitor

Customer Question

My father died in July and I am trying to find his solicitor in Croydon who is dealing with his will. he had 3 partners with 3 sets of children. My half-sister is refusing to give us his solicitor's details. How can I find out his solicitor's address? Also while my father was Ill in hospital she could not wait to find out what was in the will and she managed to get the solicitor to give her a copy of the will. And told me its contents.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I am in England, and no I have not approached a lawyer yet.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I am in the process of getting copies of his death certificate first.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My father made his will in 1990 and did not alter it's contents. My sister told me everything that was in the will and now she has told one of my sisters from my father's 2nd partner that my father does not have much in his estate, this is not what she told me! I think she is afraid of giving us the solicitors details because she has done wrong by obtaining a copy of the will before our father died.
Expert:  MarianC replied 21 days ago.

Good evening, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear of your situation. You could simply phone around the solicitors in Croydon, or place an advert in the solicitor's Law Gazette, asking for any information.

Marian

Expert:  MarianC replied 21 days ago.

Good morning do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I do but I am working now and will get back to you.Thank you.
Expert:  MarianC replied 21 days ago.

Ok, no worries.