Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Amalgamating/absorbing 2 properties with common ownership

Customer Question

Amalgamating/absorbing 2 properties with common ownership into 1. Is it only necessary to excuse TR1 s
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Properties in Middlesbrough and also Glasgow
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: these are student apartments, part of a portfolio. Some of the portfolio has already been sold.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the following:-www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk; www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

I require a further understanding before i can assist your enquiry. What are you intending to do with the properties exactly?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We have 2 companies with common ownership each holding properties in Glasgow and Middlesbrough. We propose absorbing/ merging the properties so that we have a single property to sell on by shares in due course
Just need to do TR1s ?
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Thank you. This is outside my scope so i will have to opt out for another expert to take over.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Await further update Thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 16 days ago.

You cannot merge 2 separate titles which are not geographically next to each other and in any event, you could not merge properties in Glasgow and Middlesbrough because it’s two completely separate legal systems.

All you need to do is transfer properties into the limited company and then, when you sell the limited company the properties go along with it.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Successful after a number of attempts
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Give this 7 out of 10
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No phone calls thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me,  with your legal problem.