MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I am in the process of buying a house. the seller has a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am in the process of buying a house.
Customer: the seller has a problem with land registry
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
JA: Sorry, Pearl is no longer available. The Lawyer will have all the information you gave here and will be with you shortly. Click the link at the right to place the £5 deposit.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The seller finished paying their mortgage in 1991 but never send their document 53 to land registry. The bank they used was the Leeds. Which now belongs to Halifax. The land registry refuses to expedite and the bank seems in no rush at all and not very helpful. I am afraid that I will lose my mortgage offer as it will expire. How could I speed things up and force them to sort it out fast.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The seller is an older couple and therefore I offered to do the research for them.
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be sorry to hear about your circumstances. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, has the bank contacted the land registry to remove the charge? When does the mortgage offer expire?

Can you provide any further information?

Can you confirm when the mortgage offer expires?

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 15 days ago.

Without further information I will provide a general answer. You may be able to extend you mortgage offer, most companies allow a two week extension after the mortgage expires however you would need to discuss this with your mortgage company or broker.

In relation to the charge over the sellers property most lenders can remove this electronically with the Land Registry and this can be done within a few days of them realising the error.

if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me further.