How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1148
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

Stuart, Just question to the ones asked last week. What is

This answer was rated:

Hello Stuart,
Just a follow up question to the ones asked last week.
What is the best/effective way for the Executors to evict a sibling from the family home who does not want to cooperate with the Executors in carrying out their responsibilities.The sibling has been living there since birth but has the means to live eslewhere. Unfortunately, he has never paid rent and has been obstructive in various ways to the Executors. How can he be given notice to leave the family home?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Good morning, thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear of your situation. I appreciate that it will be a wrench for the sibling to have to move, but your first step is a county court application for an Order for Possession. Once you obtain this (they may defend it) you can then apply for the baliffs to evict them and change the locks.

Kind regards


hello do you need any further assistance?

Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1148
Experience: Expert
MarianC and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you