John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I recently bought a property and it came with ‘approx 1.5

Customer Question

I recently bought a property and it came with ‘approx 1.5 acres of pastureland’ I now own the property and I measured the land and the total plot including the house is 0.9 acres. I have contacted the estate agent and they said the information was provided by the seller and their solicitor
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no I have contacted my solictor who dealt with the purchase and they have referred the case to their litigation department who want £600 to look at it which is a lot when I have no idea if I have any sort of case. They could take the £600 to tell me, for example, there is something on the land registry documents which shows the size of the plot. I have looked at all the documents but can’t see anything like that so I’m not confident that may have missed something
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: Cornwall
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  John replied 17 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreiciate it is important to you. You should contact We are Advocate located here https://weareadvocate.org.uk/

They match members of the public who need free legal help with barristers who are willing to donate their time and expertise in deserving cases for those who are unable to obtain legal aid and cannot afford to pay.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 17 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t need help donated
I just want an outline of if I may have a case
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No call thank you
Expert:  John replied 17 days ago.

Hello, yes it does appear you do have a case. Even with the scenario that something on the land registry documents was missed, it should have been noticed which is a negligent act. I posted the link for you to because you will be able to contact a lawyer who can look at it for free, and save you £600 and will give you a more accurate idea once they have reviewed matters. Unfortunately, we cannot do that on this site and only point you in the right direction.