Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My late husband was in a partnership with 2 other people. No

Customer Question

Hello. My late husband was in a partnership with 2 other people. No real partnership agreement drawn up, but 2 company bank accounts. They own 11 properties, but all mortgaged for more than they are worth (bought in 2008 - height of high property prices). Tenants in common on all properties. The business itself owes me (late husband) money as well. My questions really are: 1) is the partnerhip dissolved; 2) do I have to take the responsibility on board and 3) the mortgage companies know about the death and are happy waiting until the first mortgage is up providing we continue making payments, but can I get myself off the mortgage deeds, or do I have to wait (2031)
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Just spoken with land registry about my options
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: south yorkshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont think so
Expert:  Stuart J replied 17 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Did you husband leave a Will?

and you wish to have nothing to do with the partnership and the properties now - is this correct?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
he did leave a will. I have probate and was the sole beneficiary and executrix.
I do not really want anything to do with the properties/partnership, however I realise I may have to remain on the mortgage deeds - there is no money in the company/barely wiping its feet, and the remaining 2 partners would not be able to re-mortgage.