Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Dear Pearl, I was wondering if you could help with below. I

Customer Question

Dear Pearl
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I was wondering if you could help with below. I was renting an office within an office block and all was fine. The owner then asked me to move to another office in the building . I advic3d the office was smaller and I 2asnt happy with the office. He is k ow asking me to pay 3 months notice for the old office which I was moved from is that correct below is what is wrote in there contract and what they are quoting me.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: 9. I understand that the area I have use of may possibly (though unlikely) need to be altered from time to time in which case you have the right to do this and will give us reasonable notice.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am OK with waiting
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 18 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

They cannot ask you to pay rent for the old office for the period you did not occupy the office, they can ask you to pay rent for the old office during any period of occupation even if you were moved to a new smaller office, and they can charge you for the new smaller office. I trust this assists