John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

Second opinion] I want to have lodgers and am going away for

Customer Question

second opinion] Hi there I want to have lodgers and am going away for a few weeks can you provide advice?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: a lodger agreement with my current lodger
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  John replied 21 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. Lodgers have less rights than tenants, so if you were to get a lodger for the few weeks you are away it is best to have as much detail and information as possible about the person staying, and also to create a lodger agreement. This helps mitigates any mishaps that may occur, illegal or otherwise.

Expert:  John replied 21 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 21 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.