How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 19649
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I trying to cancel my agreement with estate agent they been

Customer Question

Hi, I trying to cancel my agreement with estate agent they been managing my 4 properties. I gave them 6 months notice ending this months same time I asked them to make sure they deal with tenancy agreement they’re holding on my behalf. Now they re-new tenancy agreement behind my back . Now they said I had to give notice to 4 tenants not just to estate agent.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Exchanging emails with no solution. I send them Official notice and received same answers . They renew tenancy agreement for same money and I been told them over and over I’m loosing money and I have told I will review rent. They ignored me and I’m loosing income for another year
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Birmingham
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not for a moment
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

You ended it. As such you can sue for loss and damage and short rent.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not ed legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have send them Official Letter with £3.240 pounds losses. They reply they done everything in their power to resolve. Only offer me £150 pounds towards new boiler and complete ignorant regarding my main £,3.240 pounds.
There rights to automatically renew tenancy agreement I disagree as I have given them 6 months notice they new I want my flats back instead they renew contract.
One flat I gave them in perfect condition but received mess missing curtains. They said because of COVID-19 they don’t know what happened with curtains they are not going to take responsibility. What so ever.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Issue proceedings tonight then

I hope that helps