How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 16053
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I have a question of how I can get legal advice regarding my

Customer Question

good morning I have a question of how I can get legal advice regarding my rented property from a housing association?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I was in the lockdown period in Germany and stated this to the housing Association. My rent has been fully paid until now. I then fell ill during the time of lock down and was sent to a clinic where I had been signed off sick until June.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: The housing association told me they want a record of my hospital information, which is data protection. I am located in Windsor I am still undergoing treatments outside of the clinic, hence me still in Germany. only now I am upto better health whereI can come back home. I explained it to the association but they told me they are putting in a notice to reprocess the flat.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would love to have some help please as I need to return home to my flat and not have to go through the process of flat search again.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.


Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Is the property located in the UK.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Good morning
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the property is in the UK
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.


Yes, still here.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are we still online with my cause??
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.

Have you filed a formal complaint with the HA?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can we do this in writing please as I am at the airport and don't want anyone listening to my call.
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.

Of course.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no not yet because only today I received the email from them
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I would prefer to have legal advice before reacting as I am not sure if they are able to ask me for my medical information
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.


Your first step woild be to file a formalncomplaint with the Hoising Association. They should investigate and provide a response.

If they do not provide a satisfactory response, you will have to escalate your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman who will investigate the complaint further and provide a decision.

Details of how to complaint van be found at the following link:

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
many thanks, ***** ***** been absolutely helpful.
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.

It's a pleasure.

Good luck!