Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I've signed a letting agreement to rent a flat from October

Customer Question

I've signed a letting agreement to rent a flat from October 8th. Can I still cancel this agreement or it's no longer possible.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Hi there,

A binding contract has been formed , and unfortunately you can not unilaterally walk out of the contract now.

Landlord can get the agreement enforced via court orders and chase you for rent payments till the expiry of the fixed term as per the agreed tenancy agreement.

If you want to terminate the agreement , you would need to speak to the Landlord for surrender of the tenancy, where the rented accommodation can be re-marketed to find a replacement tenant who can take over the tenancy from you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok, thank you for your assistance
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

You are welcome. Have a good day.