John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

We have a property with a tenant who owes £7,500.00. Until

Customer Question

We have a property with a tenant who owes £7,500.00. Until recently we mistakenly did not have an up to date landlords licence. We now have an agent handling matters but the tenant is ignoring all communication. I've heard about a section 21 & section 8 to evict , can you advise please
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer:*****pwllheli gwynedd ll53 5lr
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not to my knowledge
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreicate it is important to you. How can I help you today?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i have already asked the question
Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

You will need to serve a section 8 notice of eviction to the tenant for rent arrears. Rent arrears is the most common reason for a section 8 notice.

To be valid, a section 8 must give:

• the right amount of notice

• a date after which court action can start

• the grounds for possession, and explain why they are being used

The form you will need is https://www.gov.uk/guidance/assured-tenancy-forms#form-3

The court won't order eviction if your section 8 notice is not valid

Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.