SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have a notice of eviction but I want to buy the property

Customer Question

I have a notice of eviction but I want to buy the property from the council how do I stop the eviction
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hackney Borough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None not sure where to start
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes the property is the family home my mother died and the council did not give us the succession.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

If you have failed the succession application, then I am sorry to have to tell you that you do not have the right to buy it either. The right to buy council housing is only available to tenants, and you are unfortunately not a tenant as the succession application failed.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.