How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 19648
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have made oved £30k worth of payments to a property

This answer was rated:

I have made oved £30k worth of payments to a property investment company. They are saying that my property has defaulted and arent refunding my money or answering my emails. I need professional and legal assistance/advice
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Contacted them via phone and email and asked for a timeline of my funds no response
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can not talk at this very moment as I am at work. But ultimately the property developers saying I defaulted, and I have asked for my money back as they did not sell the property they offered.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days of the letter of claim, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1

and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Jamie. I do not think you have understood fully my enquiry. Is not as simple as writing to them. I do need a meeting over the phone or online. Can you make a meeting with me?

You can write to them first, then issue a claim.

Sadly I can not attend with you - we are an online only service

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 19648
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What about telephone
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There are loads of details that we need to go through first

Whats your number and I will call?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.