UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My neighbour built a garden wall on my property inside my

Customer Question

My neighbour built a garden wall on my property inside my boundary without my knowledge or permission, I had to build my fence a metre into my property about 2 years ago (I didn’t dispute at the time as the lady was dying) what can I do now to resolve this with her children?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Torfaen South Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: if I’m honest I’ve only looking into my right to either reclaim my property or sell that portion. I’ve not taken any action as the lady died and didn’t want to bring this up after.. then about 6months later Covid came
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my drain is now inaccessible between their wall and my fence
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 14 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

I would advise you to get a local solicitor to write to her children and point out the correct boundary line and asking them to remove the wall from your land or you may do it at their cost.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for the advice. I am correct thinking that it’s usually the right hand side which is your boundary line?
On the front of my house my garden wall runs down the right but is actually attached to my house.. where as their garden wall in the back is as above… attached to my house inside that boundary on the right
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (T4S536S)

No, that is not always the case.

You may get a boundary expert to determine your boundary line for you.

All the best