How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 156
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

RE: Leaseholder v Freeholder - consent Licence for gas

Customer Question

RE: Leaseholder v Freeholder - consent Licence for gas installationHello,Is it a good practice in the UK for a freeholder to require two separate consent Licences and two fees payable - first is for a connection of a gas supply to the property which includes digging and fitting a meter box outside the property and, separately, second consent Licence for installation of a gas boiler and gas pipes inside the property? The lease does allow the freeholder to demand fees in order to get his consent but my point is - is it a good practice to do it in two separate steps in a way of two licences which will allow the freeholder to get double fee from the leaseholder.Thank you
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Generally speaking any works do require consent of the landlord by way of licence. It is not usually to require two separate licences in connection with the same set of works/ installation. However you need to check the lease to see if there is a specific mention that any works will require separate licences.

You can write to your freeholder to ask them to explain why a separate charge is being sought when the works are connected. You can query the fees.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

I hope this has assisted your enquiry and thank you for using our services.