How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 160
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

Updating a registered charge on property more than 30 years

Customer Question

updating a registered charge on property more than 30 years ago from late fathers name to mums name
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thanks
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Dear TeamMy late father placed a charging order on a property in 1985Land registry shows-(11.04.1985) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 1 February 1984 to secure the
moneys therein mentioned.
4 (11.04.1985) Proprietor: My Late fatherI have asked land registry for copies and these are awaited.a) How do I go about updating the charging order in Mums name
b) Value of charge I think was £10k and property value I estimate was £40k
- Now this property is worth £1.3 Million
Are we entited to a share of property? Or will this £10k debt be added with simple interest?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please search
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

We can only provide general legal advice and without having sight of the document we are limited in our advice as the charging order will stipulate the debt and entitlement so you need to liaise with the Land Registry to obtain this first.