Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My mother is in a care home but does not have dementia, she

My mother is in a care home but does not have dementia , she is 86 , can she set a trust up for her property so it goes to my brother and myself on death , she has a living will … if this happened her shares and savings take her below the forthcoming 100k bracket , currently we are paying £960 pr month
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Bristol united kingdom
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: we have both legal and financial power of attorney
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Are you asking if this will stop any care fee's being claimed?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
initially when we brought the subject up she wss not open to it..but know she is in a home and realises she will not go home so to speak she may agree
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok.

As Bob Hoskins said in the BT advert, a long time ago, "it’s good to talk"

It was good to talk to you.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

You asked about land Registry title deeds: You can get the title deed and the plan quickly and easily by using this link:

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

and you will have to pay 3 pounds for the title deed and 3 pounds for the plan.

You will then have them in minutes if not seconds.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me,  with your legal problem.