How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1149
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

My wife and I want to pass on our house when the last

This answer was rated:

My wife and I want to pass on our house when the last survivor dies to be shared by our 3 sons.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: What are the options for doing this and what is the best way to avoid paying taxes.?No
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am 83 and my wife is 77

Good evening, thank you for your question. You need to speak to a local solicitor who will review your circumstances and whether your estates will be taxable or not. Whereabouts do you live?

Kind regards


Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My address is Carn Ban, Insh, Kingussie PH21 1NU

Oh ok so you need the category of Scottish Law, but in any event you need proper advise to do your Wills properly so you really must find a local solicitor.

Do you have any further questions?

MarianC and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you