Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I am having an issue with my landlord regarding rent

Customer Question

I am having an issue with my landlord regarding rent valuation
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Greater Manchester uk
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I was due a rent review in dec 2019 which he addresses in march 2021 no issues regarding upkeep
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he has asked for it to be settled before 15th September he has also issued a secti0on 25 to expire at the end of my lease
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm why was the rent valuation only addressed in 2021?
Also on which ground has he served the section 25 notice?
Hi, thank you for your message. Again I am very sorry to hear about your situation. As you have not answered my initial question I will need to give you a general answer. In regards ***** ***** rent review you should speak to your landlord directly and resolve this in accordance with your contract. Regarding the 25 notice you may be eligible for compensation depending on which ground the landlord has pleaded. You can read more about this here:https://www.bradley-mason.com/news/section-25-notices-lease-renewal-under-the-landlord-tenant-act-1954/
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Best wishes