MarianC
MarianC,
Experience:  Expert
109551472

My husband passed away earlier this year and my being named

Good afternoon

My husband passed away earlier this year and my being named in his witnessed Will as Executor and recipient of his estate, am trying to understand whether or not I need to apply for probrate as well as the appropriateness of contacting the Inheritance tax office. I will be grateful for your time to discuss this matter.

kind regards
Helen ХХХХХХХХ
Tel: ХХХХХХХХ
email: ХХХХХХХХ@gmail.com

Good evening thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear that you have lost your husband. Basically probate depends upon the assets in your husband's sole name, any joint assets pass without the Will and without probate. Even if you have a property held as tenants in common you would not need probate or if his bank accounts do not hold large balances.

Do you have an idea of what is involved?

Marian

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thx for reply - yes I have all the papers and figures
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for the offer of a call but having waited over 2 hrs for a response when your website kept indicating 8 minutes I cancelled my trial

I would be happy to help you further, I do not see the website side of things, I only see the questions posted to the question board? this is email and not live chat.

Hello would you like further assistance?

Would you like a phone call?