MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I have a problem with my buyers solicitors. To date they

Hi I have a problem with my buyers solicitors. To date they have taken 20 weeks for a simple sale probably resulting in me losing the property I am wanting to buy. What can I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Aylesbury. Buckinghamshire but the buyers solicitors are in Norfolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to my solicitors on many occasions and with the estate agent
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My frustration in possibly losing the house I want and the stress

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, do you have direct contact with the buyers or is contact through the estate agents?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Through an estate agent

Thank you for the confirmation, unfortunately you cannot take any action against the solicitors acting for the buyers as there is no lawyer client relationship between you. You could request that the buyers raise a complaint about their solicitors, to see if this could speed up the process

Regrettably there is little further action that you could take against the buyers solicitors.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I complain to the legal ombudsman

To lodge a formal complaint to the ombudsman, you would need to raise a formal complaint against the solicitors first and then wait 8 weeks before escalating the matter to the ombudsman.

As you cannot lodge a complaint against the buyers solicitors you could not then escalate the matter to the ombudsman, that being said the buyers could raise the complaint and then go through the process of complaining to the ombudsman.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear please do not hesitate to me further.