Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I need legal advice regarding a summary of a legal pack for

Customer Question

I need legal advice regarding a summary of a legal pack for a property that I aim to buy at auction early next week. Who can help me with this?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Do you have a specific question relating to the legal pack?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Matthew, yes a few. I'm particularly confused by this section of the summary. It certainly seems unusual to me. Be good to get your take.Completion date: completion will take place on the later of:- 20 working days after the contract date; or
- 3 working days after the seller’s solicitors inform the buyer that the seller’s mortgage in favour of Affordable Housing Finance plc has been discharged (or that their consent to the sale has been obtained).If the seller’s mortgage has not been discharged within 4 months of the contract date, either party can withdraw from the sale and the deposit will be returned to the buyer. Neither party will be entitled to any cost compensation.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Matthew, yes a few. I'm particularly confused by this section of the summary. It certainly seems unusual to me. Be good to get your take.Completion date: completion will take place on the later of:
- 20 working days after the contract date; or
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Matthew, yes a few. I'm particularly confused by this section of the summary. It seems unusual to me - be good to get your take. For context, the seller is Peabody Trust. And the flat in question is 1st and 2nd floor of a Victorian semi.Completion date: completion will take place on the later of:
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
A chat sounds good. I'd prefer to go through the doc and pull out a few other areas that I'd like to discuss beforehand if that works for you?

Thank you for the clarification,yes I am happy to arrange a call if you can specify your questions- however tomorrow daytime would be more suitable for me, if that is agreeable?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, what's the earliest you could do?

I could do anywhere from 9am on wards, otherwise I can opt out to see if another expert can pick this up sooner?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Before we take that step, could I ask about your experience. Have you represented clients buying at auction in the past? Clients buying a property with a new lease? Or buying from a housing association?

I am a practising solicitor and with over 5 years experience in conveyancing, I have acted on numerous occasions for buyers in auction situations. However, I have not acted in an auction situation where there is a grant of new lease,  and the seller is a housing association so for that reason I think it best that I opt out to allow another expert to pick this up. All the best.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 12 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, could you reconnect me with MatthewM1117. His experience working on auction properties would still be useful even if he has less experience in the other areas.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If he's unavailable, happy to draft a more specific question
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.