Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My husband´s father have legal rights to enter his son´s

Customer Question

My husband´s father have legal rights to enter his son´s property (our home)? Can I deny my husband´s father to enter to our house? (the property is at my husband´s name)
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. To clarify the property is in your husbands name, and whether your husbands father enter the property without consent?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The housi it is at my my husband name, yes, he used to enter without consent, but my hiusband has been arrested and has bailed conditions and he cant come back home for 28 days, so yesterday is father wanted to come inside the house and I refuesed to open the door. And now his father is telling me that I am denying his rights to enter to his son´s property.
Can he take action legal regarding this against me? But to be honest I sent a sms before this, that he is welcome to visit his grandson, but when he arrieved he came with my husband sister and they were recording everything, and they were telling us “open the door” I got scare of course and I didnt open.
What would you recommend to do in this case?

Thank you for the clarifying this, regrettably this is outside the scope of my expertise therefore I will opt out to allow another expert to pick this up.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 16 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 15 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

No you do not have to allow your father in law access to the property and there is nothing he can do about it. I trust this assists