Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have recently built a development of 11 houses and i am

I have recently built a development of 11 houses and i am the director of the Management Co, I have tried to offload the post of Director to one of the purchasers as per the original agreement, but no one wants to take it on.
As I really do not have time to deal with all the legal responsibilities placed on a director of a limited company, (and I am not being paid to do so), I would like to know what I can do about it.
Furthermore, none of the residents have made any further £90 per-half-year payments since their individual purchases.
Can I not shut the company down and tell the 11 purchasers to set up their own non-limited company to deal with the estate road?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can wait.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

Yes you could, if the title to the road is held by the management company then you would need to transfer that title out before shutting down the company or the title reverts to the crown essentially the government under bona vacantia. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney